CSEF PAYMENT AMOUNT
The CSEF is an annual payment to the school to be used towards camps, sports and/or excursion expenses for the benefit of the eligible student.
- Primary school student rate: $125 per year.
- Secondary school student rate: $225 per year.
The CSEF is paid directly to your child’s school and will be allocated by the school towards camps, sports and/or excursion costs for your child.
Below are the criteria used to determine a student’s eligibility for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF).
Criteria 1 – General eligibility
To be eligible for the fund, a parent or carer of a student attending a registered Government or non-government Victorian primary or secondary school must:
- on the first day of Term one
- on the first day of Term two
- a) be a holder of one or more of the eligible financially-means tested cards OR be a temporary foster parent, and;
- b) submit an application to the school by the due date.
For the list of eligible financially-means tested cards refer to the CSEF Policy:
Parents who receive a Carer Allowance on behalf of a child, or any other benefit or allowance not income tested by Centrelink, are not eligible for the CSEF unless they also comply with the above.
Criteria 2 – Be of school age and attend school in Victoria
For the purposes of CSEF, students may be eligible for assistance if they attend a Victorian registered primary or secondary school. CSEF is not payable to students attending pre-school, kindergarten, home schooled, or TAFE.
A special consideration category exists for
- Families on a bridging visa, temporary protection visa, in community detention or are asylum seeker families
- Students in temporary out of home care arrangements, including statutory kinship care
For more information, see https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/camps-sports-and-excursions-fund/guidance/eligibility